Paradox began his theatrical work in circus, and enjoyed a successful career that has spanned over 35 years on the stage. He was a writer, director, and performer in dozens of shows and toured nation-wide as a dancer, contortionist, and whip-wielding ringmaster. Co-founder of both Dream Circus and Mystic Family Circus (San Francisco). He created shows for Cirque Du Soleil and performed with many other companies, including Circo Zero (San Francisco), Bindlestiff Family (New York), Lucent Dossier (Los Angeles), and Cahin Caha (Paris).
His extensive background in the performing arts created the foundation for his work as a fight choreographer and movement director for feature films. Paradox specializes in a variety of dance, combat, and motion-capture styles and techniques, and for the past 10 years has worked with both film-making veterans and upcoming young stars to build their on-screen movement and fighting styles.
Since 1998 Paradox has been working in film.
- On “I Am Legend”, Paradox was one of 4 core performers creating the behavior and performing motion-capture for the zombie hordes, working closely with Will Smith.
- On “Star Trek”, he designed a variety of movement styles for new alien races.
- On “Thor”, he worked very closely with Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Frigga, Sif, The Warriors Three and the Frost Giants to help develop the physicality of their otherworldly characters.
- On “Snow White and the Huntsman”, he helped develop the movement styles of the faerie creatures.
- On “Alleulia: The Devils’ Carnival”, he choreographed dance numbers for angels and demons, in Heaven and Hell.
- On “See” Paradox was the head of the Movement Department and oversaw the development and creation of the cultural worlds of a future where all the inhabitants are born blind. Working with the blindness consultant, a curated team of coaches, the episode directors, principal actors, and Production Designer closely to integrate the world building process into all aspects of the show.
Contact me at email@example.com