Paradox began his theatrical work in circus, and enjoyed a successful career that has spanned over 35 years on the stage. He was a writer, director, and performer in dozens of shows and toured nation-wide as a dancer, contortionist, and whip-wielding ringmaster. Co-founder of both Dream Circus and Mystic Family Circus (San Francisco). He created shows for Cirque Du Soleil and performed with many other companies, including Circo Zero (San Francisco), Bindlestiff Family (New York), Lucent Dossier (Los Angeles), and Cahin Caha (Paris).
His extensive background in the performing arts created the foundation for his work as a fight choreographer and movement director for feature films. Paradox specializes in a variety of dance, combat, and motion-capture styles and techniques, and for the past 10 years has worked with both film-making veterans and upcoming young stars to build their on-screen movement and fighting styles.
Some career highlights:
- SEE – Paradox was the head of the Movement Department for the first season of the AppleTV Original Series. Integrating the world-building process into all aspects of the show, he supervised the cultural worlds of a future where all the inhabitants are born blind. He worked with the blindness consultant, a curated team of coaches, the episodes’ directors, principal actors, and production designers closely to develop and create the behavioral world of the show.
- THOR – Worked very closely with Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Rene Russo, Jaime Alexander, Ray Stevenson, Tadanobu Asano, Josh Dallas, and the Frost Giants to develop the embodiment of their otherworldly characters.
- STAR TREK – Designed a variety of movement styles for new alien races.
- I AM LEGEND – Worked as one of four core performers creating the behavior and performing motion-capture for the zombie hordes, working closely with Will Smith.
- SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN – Helped develop the movement styles of the faerie creatures.
- ALLELUIA! THE DEVIL’S CARNIVAL – Choreographed dance numbers for angels and demons, in Heaven and Hell.